澳门金沙游戏 Robotics welcomes research in all domains of robotics including land, sea, space, medical, and industrial applications, as well as artificial intelligence and human/robotic interactions. Research articles may address robotic issues at any scale, from complete systems to novel components, materials, or software. Read more on Mission and Scope.
These policies spell out the rights and responsibilities that authors agree to when submitting and publishing their papers in each of the 澳门金沙游戏 family of journals. Authors should familiarize themselves with these policies before submitting a manuscript to 澳门金沙游戏 Robotics.
Research Articles should include an abstract and be structured as follows: Abstract, Introduction, Results, Discussion, Materials and Methods, References, Figures and Tables, Supplementary Materials. Research Articles should be no more than 8000 words in length (not including References) and may have up to 8 figures/tables. Supplementary materials are permitted and can include figures and tables not essential to the general understanding of the research presented in the main text, as well as other file types. Shorter Research Articles with fewer figures will also be considered and may be published as Reports at the discretion of the editors. Detailed information about preparing a new Research Article is available here.
Reviews are currently only by invitation of the Editor. They can be up to 5000 words (not including abstract, references, and figure legends). Longer Reviews may be considered at the Editor's discretion. They should have a short pithy title, an abstract of no more than 75 words, no more than 75 references, and up to six figures (with figure legends) or tables. If you are interested in writing a Review, please send a presubmission inquiry that includes title, author list and affiliations, and abstract to email@example.com. Detailed information about preparing a Review is available here.
Perspectives are currently only by invitation of the Editor. They can be up to 5000 words (not including abstract, references, and figure legends). Longer Perspectives may be considered at the Editor's discretion. They should have a short pithy title, an abstract of no more than 75 words, no more than 75 references, and up to six figures (with figure legends) or tables. If you are interested in writing a Perspective, please send a presubmission inquiry that includes title, author list and affiliations, and abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org. Detailed information about preparing a Perspective is available here.
Focus articles are short, timely pieces that spotlight new research findings (often published in 澳门金沙游戏 Robotics or other journals) or policy issues of interest to the robotics community that are of immediate importance. Focus articles cannot exceed 1000 words total (not including abstract, references, and figure or table). They should have a short snappy or newsy title, a one-sentence abstract, no more than 10 references, and one figure or table (with caption). For editor-invited Focus articles, authorship will be limited to only those invited, with a maximum of one additional co-author. Detailed information about preparing a Focus article is available here.
eLetters Brief online comments can be submitted on research or commentary articles published in 澳门金沙游戏 Robotics. eLetters are submitted on the 澳门金沙游戏 Robotics website, evaluated, and posted with the article if accepted. Authors are identified and must agree to our terms and conditions (http://www.koekoq.cn/about/terms-service). 澳门金沙游戏 Robotics does not publish Letters as separate articles.
Primary research articles or other unsolicited articles may be submitted online at https://cts.sciencemag.org
For submission, you will need the following:
- Authors: Names, telephone, and e-mail addresses for all authors, including selection of one to be corresponding author.
- Manuscript Information:
- The article type you are submitting.
- The title of your manuscript (125-character maximum for Research Articles)
- Funding sources
- A cover letter that includes
- Reference to any pre-submission discussions with editors.
- The title of the paper and a statement of its main point
- Any information needed to ensure a fair review process, including related manuscripts submitted to other journals
- Names of colleagues who have reviewed the paper
- A statement that none of the material has been published or is under consideration elsewhere, including the Internet.
- For investigations on humans, a statement indicating that informed consent was obtained after the nature and possible consequences of the studies were explained
- For authors using experimental animals, a statement that the animals' care was in accordance with institutional guidelines
- Note where data are available, or will be deposited and whether there are any restrictions on data availability such as an MTA.
- Information on any Reference material or additional data files uploaded to the Auxiliary files section (see below).
- A .docx version of your cover letter.
- Reviewers: Names, affiliations, and e-mail addresses of up to five potential referees and up to five excluded reviewers
- Upload Documents: During submission, you will upload a combined PDF containing the main text, figures, tables, and supplementary materials. You may also upload the manuscript, a cover letter, the Supplementary Materials file, and any auxiliary files. 澳门金沙游戏 Robotics prefers to receive a single complete file that includes all figures and tables in Word's .docx format (Word 2007, 2010, or 2008 or 2011 for a Mac). If you are using LaTeX, please convert your paper into a Word docx. If this is not possible, please use our LaTeX template (available here). Some conversion approaches are available here: http://www.tug.org/utilities/texconv/textopc.html. The Supplementary Materials should be submitted as a single separate file in .docx or PDF format. The main manuscript file and the Supplementary Materials file each have a 25MB size limit.
- Supplementary multimedia or large data files that cannot be included in the main Supplementary Materials file should be uploaded as Auxiliary Supplementary Materials at our submission site. There is a 25 MB combined size limit on auxiliary files and a limit of 10 auxiliary files. Video clips should be in mp4 format. Quicktime (.mov) files are acceptable provided the h.264 compression setting is used. Where possible please use HD frame size (1920x1080 pixels). Animated GIFs are not accepted. For audio files, WAV AIFF, AU, or m4a are preferred. MP3 or AAC files are acceptable, but a bit rate of at least 160kb/s must be used. Authors should submit video and audio with clearly identifiable accompanying captions and credit information.
- Other items that are required at submission and should be uploaded to the Auxiliary files section are:
- Reference Material: Authors must supply 澳门金沙游戏 Robotics with a copy of any of their papers that are related to the 澳门金沙游戏 Robotics manuscript and are under consideration or in press at other journals. This condition applies at all times while the 澳门金沙游戏 Robotics manuscript is under consideration. If a related paper is submitted elsewhere while the 澳门金沙游戏 Robotics paper is under consideration, please contact your editor.
- Data files required for review of your manuscript.
- Written permission from any author who is not an author of your manuscript but whose work is cited as in press. Permission must allow distribution of in-press manuscripts or relevant data to reviewers. A copy of an email is sufficient. We do not allow citation to in press manuscripts at publication – these would need to be replaced by the published reference.
- Any relevant MTAs
澳门金沙游戏 Robotics is committed to thorough and efficient evaluation of submitted manuscripts. Papers are assigned to an Editorial Board member who has knowledge of the field discussed in the manuscript. Submitted papers may also be rated for suitability by members of the 澳门金沙游戏 Robotics Advisory Board. Authors of papers that are not selected are notified promptly, within about 1 week.
Research papers that are selected for in-depth review are evaluated by at least two outside referees. Reviewers are contacted before being sent a paper and asked to return comments within 1 to 2 weeks for most papers.
Authors are notified of decisions by email, and the status of the manuscript can be tracked at https://cts.sciencemag.org. Membership in AAAS is not a factor in selection of manuscripts for publication. 澳门金沙游戏 journals treat all submitted manuscripts as confidential documents. 澳门金沙游戏journals also instruct and expect our Editors, Advisors and reviewers to treat manuscripts as confidential material. Our peer review process is confidential and identities of reviewers are not released.
AAAS publishes five other journals: 澳门金沙游戏, 澳门金沙游戏 Signaling, 澳门金沙游戏 Translational Medicine, 澳门金沙游戏 Immunology, and our open access, interdisciplinary journal 澳门金沙游戏 Advances. Papers submitted to 澳门金沙游戏 Robotics but not accepted for publication may, in some cases, be eligible for publication in one of these five journals. If a manuscript is rejected from 澳门金沙游戏 Robotics with the option of transfer, we would be happy to transfer your submission from 澳门金沙游戏 Robotics with no reformatting required. Editors at the second journal may use the information gathered during evaluation at 澳门金沙游戏 Robotics to expedite review, including reuse of the reviews, provided reviewers agree. You may also choose to start a new review process. The transfer can only include documents that were part of the review process at 澳门金沙游戏 Robotics. Once transfer is complete, you will have the opportunity to upload a response to the reviews where appropriate.